On April 14, 2020 Pakistan’s Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training launched Teleschool, a remote learning TV channel designed to overcome the disruption to school education caused by Coronavirus lock-down. This is one example of many innovative solutions being tested by public and private education providers across Pakistan. We discuss the environment within which education in Pakistan is embracing innovation, the challenges that remain, and the lessons that can be taken forward beyond the crisis.
- Umbreen Arif Technical Advisor, Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training (https://www.fde.gov.pk/)
- Kasim Kasuri CEO, Beaconhouse (https://www.beaconhouse.net/)
- Salman Naveed Khan CEO, Pak Alliance for Maths and Science (http://www.mathsandscience.pk/)
- Nimra Tariq Education Consultant at PMIU, School Education Department, Government of Punjab (https://schools.punjab.gov.pk/)
- Khadija Bakhtiar CEO, Teach For Pakistan (https://www.iteachforpakistan.org/)